Connected Consumer Awards
Through the addition of broadband connectivity, the consumer electronics industry is transforming many long-established domestic and mobile products into devices capable of accesses and engaging with online content. The Connected Consumer Awards recognise the companies and products that are enabling these new content consumption experiences.
Two Connected Consumer Award categories are offered:
Connected Home Device of the Year (click to enter)
This award recognises advances in the devices that are allowing consumers to interact with new online content propositions. The award is open to any device that is directly involved in the user interaction with online content that has been primarily designed for the home. Eligible devices include connected TVs, set-top-boxes, content storage and streaming, gaming consoles and other internet enabled multimedia devices.
Connected Mobile Device of the Year (click to enter)
Portable devices are an essential part of the day-to-day life of billions of people around the world. This award seeks to identify the most innovative portable connected device with multi-media capabilities including smartphones, tablets, hybrids and other small portable devices.
The device must have been launched somewhere in the world between 1st September 2012 and 1st June 2013.
Judging criteria will include:
- Innovative features of the device
- Online services included in the consumer proposition
- Benefits of any online services to content creators
- Take-up of associated online services by consumers
- Take-up of associated online services by content creators
- Quality of the user interface/ease-of-use/overall user experience
- Reaction of consumers – eg level of sales - and critics to the device
- Business model – relative importance of device sales and service revenues
- Unexpected outcomes from offering services through the device