Closing date for entries extended until 30th June
To accommodate keen interest from across the broadcasting and digital media industries, the closing date for entries for the 2012 ConnectedWorld.TV Awards has been extended until 23:59 BST on 30th June 2012.
In association with the IBC Connected World, the ConnectedWorld.TV Awards celebrate the creativity of broadcasters, independent producers, technology companies, service providers and consumer electronics manufacturers at the forefront of the business of "content everywhere".
To be presented at a prestigious gala dinner at the Hotel Okura, Amsterdam on Monday 10th September 2012, the ConnectedWorld.TV Awards provide a showcase for the connected content, concepts and devices that are opening-up new opportunities for the creativity, skills and technologies represented at IBC – the premier annual conference and exhibition for professionals engaged in electronic media and entertainment content worldwide.
The inaugural ConnectedWorld.TV Awards in 2011 attracted more than 150 entries from organisations in 28 countries across Europe, Asia Pacific and the Americas. Previous recipients included James Cameron CPG, NHK Japan, BBC News, Air Ties and justAd TV, IBM & WizTiVi and Grassvalley.
For 2012, Award categories recognise:
- The new content offerings that are being delivered by broadband
- New applications and techniques for discovering, locating or consuming online content
- The latest connected devices for consuming online content
- Tools and techniques that are giving rise to new business models
- Technologies that are facilitating the exponential growth in the consumption of online media
- The broadcaster considered to have done most to advance the concept of 'content everywhere'.